Search This Blog

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Curly Hair Secret- tie it up

Whenever I wash my hair at night and go to bed without doing anything to my hair I end up with super curly hair on one side of my head and completely flat hair on the other side of my head when I wake up. Alternatively, my hair can get frizzy and annoying when I let it air dry when I forget to put products in it or if I'm just having a bad hair day. One solution I use is the hair tie. Now, I'm not going for the crinkled I-obviously-just-had-my-hair-in-a-ponytail look, so I put my hair up in a simple bun by gathering my hair super high on the top of my head and twist   until my hair forms a bun. I loosen the strands a little and wrap my hair tie loosely around my bun, keeping it only tight enough to barely keep it in place. This takes maybe 30 seconds to do so it's okay if it comes out after a while. When you wake up (or a half an hour or so later) your hair will have the prettiest waves! Set with hairspray and voila- gorgeous hair! There are three different hair ties that work really well with this hairstyle.

1. Regular no-snag hair ties (the kind for thin hair- not the super thick ones)
These are probably something every girl has one or two of laying around. They work, but if you're not super careful putting them in your hair they can cause creasing.

2. 80's style scrunchies 
While these work really well they're kind of unsightly. I wouldn't wear them out of the house! They are pretty cheap at the dollar store though- I do use them while I'm sleeping because they cause significantly less damage to your hair and I've never had trouble with creasing. 

3. Crease-less elastic hair ties
These are super great! They look super cute in your hair or on your wrist and don't cause any creasing- even if you're wearing your hair in a ponytail! I've had a couple friends with these and they all love them- I haven't purchased any yet because they are usually pretty expensive ($4 plus each!) but I've just found some on etsy for 7 for $1.50 (plus $2.50 shipping) which is an amazing deal that I'm about to order right now!! link (pictured above): http://www.etsy.com/listing/91840361/the-love-pack-foe-hairties-set-of-7?ref=sr_gallery_3&sref=&ga_search_submit=&ga_search_query=elastic+hairties&ga_order=price_asc&ga_ship_to=ZZ&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_page=0&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade

-Elle <3

No comments:

Post a Comment